These juicy chops can be eaten as a snack with salad or as a main meal with nan or chapattis. The lamb chops are thinly cut so it cooks evenly and absorb all the spices. Very delicious yummy dish.
- Thinly cut lamb chops - 1 lb
- Chopped Onions - 2 medium
- Vine Tomatoes - 2 Medium
- Ginger/Garlic Paste - 1 tsp each
- salt - To taste
- turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin & Coriander Powder - 1tsp
- tsp red chilli powder depending how hot you like - 1 1/2
- Whole Garram Masala - 4 of each cardamon,cloves cinnamon, bay leaf
- Oil - 5tlbs
- Chopped coriander leaves - hand full
- Ground garam masala - 1tsp
- water - As required
In a medium pot, heat the oil on a low to medium heat, then and add all the whole garam masala. Add the chopped onions and cook gently until golden brown (not burnt). Add the ginger/garlic paste and stir. Add the chopped tomatoes and all the dry ingredients. Add a little water if too dry. Cook until the oil to separate. Add the chops and stir till all the chops are coated with the mixture.
Cover and cook on a medium heat stirring so that it does not stick. Add a little water at all times. Not too much, this dish is semi dry with a thick sauce.
As the chops are thinly sliced, it should take about 1/2 an hour to cook on a medium heat. Alternately if you are in a hurry this can be cooked in a pressure cooker after 2 to three whistles.
Finally add chopped coriander and ground garam masala